Turkey and Cheese Roll-Ups: A Quick and Easy Appetizer
Turkey and cheese roll-ups are a classic party appetizer that are sure to please a crowd. They’re easy to make, portable, and can be customized to fit any dietary restrictions. Plus, they’re a great way to use up leftover turkey from Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.
In this article, we’ll show you how to make turkey and cheese roll-ups that are both delicious and visually appealing. We’ll also provide tips on how to make them ahead of time and how to serve them with your favorite dipping sauce.
So whether you’re looking for a quick and easy appetizer for your next party or you’re just looking for a new way to use up some leftover turkey, give these turkey and cheese roll-ups a try!
* 8 ounces thinly sliced deli turkey breast
* 8 ounces thinly sliced cheddar cheese
* 1/2 cup chopped celery
* 1/2 cup chopped red onion
* 1/4 cup mayonnaise
* 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
* 12 (8-inch) flour tortillas
1. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and parsley.
2. Spread the mayonnaise mixture evenly over the tortillas.
3. Layer the turkey, cheese, celery, and onion on the tortillas.
4. Roll up the tortillas and slice them in half.
5. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for later.
* To make ahead, assemble the roll-ups and wrap them in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for up to 24 hours before slicing and serving.
* For a gluten-free option, use gluten-free tortillas.
* For a vegetarian option, omit the turkey and use a vegan cheese.
* Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, such as ranch dressing or salsa.
Turkey and cheese roll-ups are a delicious and easy appetizer or snack. They are perfect for parties or potlucks, and they can also be enjoyed as a quick and easy lunch or dinner. With their variety of flavors and textures, turkey and cheese roll-ups are sure to please everyone.
* 1 pound ground turkey
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
* 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
* 1/2 cup chopped celery
* 1/2 cup chopped carrot
* 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
* Salt and pepper to taste
* 12 (8-inch) flour tortillas
* 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1. In a large skillet, cook the ground turkey over medium heat until browned. Drain any excess fat.
2. Add the onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, celery, and carrot to the skillet and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the cream of mushroom soup, milk, Parmesan cheese, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, or until the soup has thickened.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
5. Place a tortilla on a work surface. Spread 1/4 cup of the turkey mixture down the center of the tortilla. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese. Roll up the tortilla and place seam side down on a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the tortillas are heated through and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
7. Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
* To make ahead, cook the turkey mixture and assemble the roll-ups. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours before baking.
* To freeze, cook the turkey mixture and assemble the roll-ups. Place the roll-ups on a baking sheet and freeze for 2-3 hours, or until solid. Transfer the frozen roll-ups to a freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. To bake, thaw the roll-ups in the refrigerator overnight before baking.
* For a vegetarian version, omit the ground turkey and use 1/2 cup of cooked lentils or beans instead.
* For a gluten-free version, use gluten-free tortillas.
* For a dairy-free version, use soy or almond milk instead of regular milk.
* For a healthier version, use ground turkey breast instead of ground turkey dark meat.
* Add your favorite vegetables to the turkey mixture, such as peas, corn, or broccoli.
* Use different types of cheese, such as Monterey Jack, mozzarella, or goat cheese.
* Top the roll-ups with your favorite toppings, such as salsa, sour cream, or guacamole.
* Serve the roll-ups with your favorite dipping sauce, such as ranch dressing or marinara sauce.
Turkey and cheese roll-ups are a delicious and easy way to use up leftover turkey. They are perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal or for a potluck or party. With so many different variations, you are sure to find a combination that everyone will love.
Q: What are turkey and cheese roll ups?
A: Turkey and cheese roll ups are a type of appetizer or snack that is made by rolling up slices of turkey and cheese together. They can be served on their own or with a variety of dipping sauces.
Q: How do I make turkey and cheese roll ups?
A: To make turkey and cheese roll ups, you will need:
* 1 pound of thinly sliced turkey breast
* 1 pound of thinly sliced cheddar cheese
* 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
* 1/4 cup of Dijon mustard
* 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley
* 1/4 cup of chopped red onion
* 1/4 cup of chopped celery
1. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, parsley, red onion, and celery.
2. Spread the mixture evenly over the turkey slices.
3. Top each slice of turkey with a slice of cheese.
4. Starting at the short end, roll up each slice of turkey and cheese.
5. Secure the rollups with toothpicks.
6. Serve immediately or chill for later.
Q: What are some variations on turkey and cheese roll ups?
A: There are many different variations on turkey and cheese roll ups. Some popular variations include:
* Using different types of cheese, such as mozzarella, provolone, or Swiss cheese.
* Using different types of meat, such as ham, roast beef, or chicken.
* Adding other ingredients to the roll ups, such as nuts, dried fruit, or vegetables.
* Dipping the roll ups in different sauces, such as ranch dressing, barbecue sauce, or honey mustard sauce.
Q: How do I store turkey and cheese roll ups?
A: Turkey and cheese roll ups can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To store them, place them in an airtight container or wrap them tightly in plastic wrap.
Q: How do I reheat turkey and cheese roll ups?
A: To reheat turkey and cheese roll ups, you can either microwave them or bake them in the oven.
To microwave them, place the roll ups on a microwave-safe plate and heat them on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until heated through.
To bake them in the oven, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the roll ups for 10 to 12 minutes, or until heated through.
Q: What are some tips for making turkey and cheese roll ups?
A: Here are some tips for making turkey and cheese roll ups:
* Use high-quality ingredients for the best flavor.
* Make the roll ups ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve them.
* Serve the roll ups with a variety of dipping sauces for guests to choose from.
Turkey and cheese roll-ups are a delicious and easy appetizer or snack that can be made ahead of time. They are also a great way to use up leftover turkey or cheese. This recipe is simple to follow and produces perfectly crispy roll-ups that everyone will love. So next time you have a gathering, be sure to make these turkey and cheese roll-ups. Your guests will be so impressed!
Hello, fellow turkey enthusiasts! I'm Mike Thompson, a proud resident of the picturesque state of Missouri, renowned for its thriving turkey population and favorable hunting conditions. For over a decade, I've roamed the woods, valleys, and peaks of our beautiful state, learning every nook, cranny, and secret that turkey hunting has to offer. My track record? Well, let's just say I've bagged more turkeys than there are days in November, and each hunt has added a story to my ever-growing book of experiences.
However, as much as I love the thrill of the hunt, what truly fuels my passion is the joy of sharing my knowledge with others. That's why I created this platform. This site is not just a testament to my journey but a beacon for all those who are looking to embark on their own turkey hunting adventures. Whether you're a beginner eager to get started or a seasoned pro seeking advanced tips, you'll find a wealth of information here.
From understanding turkey behavior, tracking techniques, and the best equipment to use, to the do's and don'ts of turkey hunting, this site is a comprehensive guide to all things turkey. So, strap on your boots, pick up your gear, and let's embark on a journey together into the world of turkey hunting. Welcome to my site, and happy hunting!
- October 26, 2023Turkey CookingShould You Truss Your Turkey? The Pros and Cons
- October 26, 2023Turkey RecipeTrader Joe’s Turkey Bolognese: 5 Delicious Recipes to Try
- October 26, 2023Turkey RecipeJennie O Oven Ready Boneless Turkey Breast: The Perfect Holiday Protein
- October 26, 2023Turkey For ThanksgivingDry Brined Turkey Breast: The Ultimate Thanksgiving Turkey